CBD 101: The basics
We unpack the what, when and how of introducing CBD oil into your everyday way of living and where the studies stand on how it really works.
What is CBD oil?
We often misunderstand the overlay between hemp, marijuana and CBD. CBD can be derived from both hemp or marijuana cannabis plants, with the level of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) impacting the usage and implementation of CBD into your lifestyle. CBD contains none of the psychoactive ingredients of THC, which is
the chemical responsible for “high” or mood-altering effects. The higher the THC concentrations, the more likely to have adverse effects such as increased anxiety or heightened anxiety-related disorders. The extracted CBD can be used in the capsule, tablet, oil, gels and various other forms.
What is CBD oil used for?
- Anxiety – Studies have found that CBD can reduce manifestations of social anxiety in people with frequent anxiety, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive behaviours, panic disorders as well as post-traumatic stress disorders. With the rise of CBD oil in society, researchers are determining at what point and how CBD oil is easing anxiety and improving social anxiety responses. Studies have shown that CBD oil may directly link and change the way in which your brain responds to serotonin, also known as the happy or feel-good chemical.
- Pain relief – recognised for its pain-relieving effects, CBD oil and products can offer a natural alternative to chronic pain, a replacement for chronic medication, support to pain associated with cancer and cancer treatments, migraines, fibromyalgia and more. Research suggests that CBD interacts with your endocannabinoid system (ECS) and assist your cells reaction to stimuli, creating anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving responses.
- Menopause or hormonal imbalances – whether you are experiencing menopause or other hormonal imbalances, CBD oil can support and improve symptoms and discomforts that your body may be experiencing. Much like the connection between your endocannabinoid system (ECS), the use of CBD oil is a natural alternative to synthetic hormones, that interacts with your ECS while stimulating your system to produce more of the lacking chemicals to alleviate and reduce some of the symptoms associated with hormonal imbalances.
- Sleep – are you experiencing difficulty getting enough rest or battling insomnia? With sleep deprivation directly impacting your mental and physical health, implementing CBD oil directly addresses the root cause of your insomnia. Whether it is to reduce pain, anxiety and encourage a deeper REM sleep, whereby the areas in your brain used for producing proteins and learning are stimulated.
- Overall health & well-being – Whether you are looking to lower your blood pressure, improve your heart health, reduce the effects of stress, diabetes, tumour prevention, mental health and more, CBD oil engages with your system to positively attribute to your overall present health, as well as future well-being. Research is on-going and growing around the health benefits of adding CBD oil to your regular routine and alleviating an array of health concerns.
When would I use CBD oil?
If you are suffering from any of the beforementioned ailments, CBD oil and CBD treatments can assist with the support and reduction of symptoms and positively impact your long-term physical and mental health.
How do I use CBD products?
CBD products are available in many different forms including tinctures, tablets, powder and more. We are focusing on using CBD in an oil form and seeing how easy it is to use in your day-to-day activities. You can administer CBD oil by ingesting it, putting it under your tongue, cooking with it, or adding a few drops where necessary. It is also very easy to adjust your dosage and have a systematic effect, working on your whole body versus applying a cream to a specific area for a specific need.
What are the side effects of using CBD oil?
As with using any product, CBD oil can cause side effects such as changes to your appetite, weight, diarrhoea, tiredness or reactions when used in conjunction with other medications. It is always safer to ask your healthcare provider when introducing CBD oil or adjusting your CBD intake, dosage and side effects in relation to prescribed medication and chronic medication. Our CBD products are third-party tested and certified for purity and trust in every product that you are using.
Our CBD products are all-natural, 100% plant-based and offer an organic remedy for treating and aiding a wide range of health issues and well-being factors. Constantly researched and reviewed as a natural supplement, we are your trusted companion on the journey to health and happiness, through getting premium organic CBD delivered straight to your door.